Nobody enjoys tossing and turning all night trying to get a good night of rest, yet so many adults suffer from sleep dysfunction on a regular basis. Not only does a bad night of sleep make us feel tired, not getting enough sleep can have many implications on our physical and mental well being too. So what do you do if you’re not sleeping well? Well, if it’s been an incredibly chronic problem, it’s definitely worth a discussion with your doctor. And whether its a recent problem or a long term one, it’s time to explore the many actionable ways to support your sleep. Whether it’s with simple habit changes or trying a new sleep supporting supplement it’s important to empower yourself and take action for your health.
Habits for Sleep Support*:
- Limit screen time before bed
- Lower brightness on screens during daily use
- Mindfulness Exercises (Journaling. Breathwork & Meditation)
- Diffuse calming essential oils
- Create a pillow spray with essential oils
- Set a nightly routine/ritual
- Getting outside for 10 minutes of light exposure (even when it’s cloudy)
- Try a white noise machine
- Use black out curtains if living somewhere with light pollution.
- Daily gentle exercise
- Valerian Root (capsule, tincture or tea form)
- Vitamin D3
- Chamomile (capsule, tincture or tea form)
- Garden of Life CBD+ Sleep
- Magnesium (Capsules, tablets, powders. bath soak)
- Reishi mushrooms
- Lavender (Tincture)
*The FDA has not evaluated these statements. Consult your doctor and/or pharmacist before making changes to your diet, trying a new supplement or changing your exercise routine.