Ashwagandha, an herb traditionally used in Indian medicine in the middle east, is an awesome option for those who do not want to take a prescription medication, but are looking for other stress relief options. It possesses adaptogenic qualities that allow it to potentially soothe and nourish adrenal glands, helping fight pain and fatigue. Ashwagandha may also lower cortisol levels that otherwise raise your heart rate and blood pressure. This herb has cumulative effects with optimal results occurring after taking for a few weeks/months in a row.
Ashwagandha Top Picks:
- Terry Naturally’s Adaptra formulated with ashwagandha and rhodiola, this is a great option for those who need an adaptogen to respond to stress throughout the body. While the ashwagandha calms the mind, the rhodiola strengthens mental and physical function. This product is not good for anyone dairy-free as the product may contain traces of dairy.
- Gaia Ashwagandha Root comes in a liquid filled capsule that is great for digestion and absorption, potentially speeding up the effects and making it easier to digest.
- Himalaya Organic Ashwagandha made our list because it is an awesome option for people who want no added ingredients in their supplements. This form is pure herb and is certified wheat, corn, soy, and dairy free! Himalaya is a fully integrated company, meaning they grow, produce, and ship all products out themselves. This ensures their products are made carefully with no cross contamination.
- Garden of Life Mykind Ashwagandha is perfect for those with sensitive digestive systems. Formulated with fermented ginger and probiotics, this helps digestion along while promoting the absorption of the ashwagandha into the body. Furthermore, due to the brain-gut connection (Brain and Gut Health Connection), this dual action formula is double the stress relief.
- Organic India Ashwagandha grows all of their whole herb products through local farmers in India. Buying from this company is a great way to support fair trade while still enjoying the benefits of clean supplements! These claims have not been verified by the FDA and should not be used as medical advice. Please consult your doctor before beginning or ending any medications or supplements.