Cannabidiol (CBD) oil has been a trending topic in the world of health and wellness in 2019. Many people across the country have turned to the oil in hopes of finding a safe and natural alternative for pain relief, mood disorders and mental health issues, insomnia, and to experience its believed anti-inflammatory effects. If you’re interested in learning more about these claims, and 5 benefits of using CBD oil, keep reading!
1. Pain Relief
The claim that CBD Oil has pain relieving effects spans back thousands of years to as early as 2900 B.C..
- Many people who suffer from chronic pain report that the use of CBD Oil has helped relieve their states of chronic pain. Early reports indicate the potential use of CBD for those suffering in chronic painful states.
- Studies show that CBD may help those in chronic pain by impacting endocannabinoid receptor activity, which reduced inflammation and interacted with neurotransmitters.
- CBD has been shown to help relieve pain in those suffering from Multiple Sclerosis (MS).
CBD studies indicate that it has promising anti-anxiety properties. This is reported in both animals, and humans. Many people use CBD to help in the treatment of their own anxiety issues, as well as their pets!
- A 2015 report indicated CBD as a potential treatment for anxiety disorders. This report summarizes that there is evidence that CBD has considerable potential as a treatment for a variety of anxiety disorders.
- Studies conducted using animal models of anxiety and involving healthy volunteers clearly suggest an anxiolytic-like effect of CBD. In addition, CBD was also shown to reduce anxiety in patients with social anxiety disorder. Source
Depression is one of the more common mental health conditions, and one that can have a lasting and large effect on a person’s health and well-being. CBD has been shown to be a promising alternative to pharmaceutical drugs commonly prescribed. Early reports indicate that CBD may be a less intrusive alternative, avoiding many of the typical side effects associated with pharmaceutical drugs.
- A 2014 report helps to explain how CBD can be effective in treating depression. This report indicates that in most studies, CBD appears to have a positive interaction with serotonin receptors in the brain. Many people suffering from serotonin imbalances suffer from depression.
- A 2018 report indicates that Cannabidiol (CBD) induces “Rapid and Sustained Antidepressant-Like Effects Through Increased BDNF Signaling and Synaptogenesis in the Prefrontal Cortex”
CBD has a range of anecdotal and clinical evidence to suggest that is an effective treatment for people suffering with epilepsy. One case in particular where CBD was shown to be effective was in the treatment of a teenage boy in Texas.
Trysten Pearson, an epilepsy patient, whose condition had been deteriorating rapidly was on a slew of medications, to no avail. His condition was leading to serious health issues, until he tried CBD. After suffering for years, in his first 30 days of using CBD as a treatment, he had only one seizure. According to him, he hasn’t felt this well for the past three years. Learn more about Trysten’s story in this article.
Further evidence of CBD’s effect in treating epilepsy has been noted in various medical journals:
- A 2012 report indicates that Cannabidiol (CBD) exerts anti-convulsant effects in animal models of temporal love and partial seizures.
- CBD was an effective anti-convulsant with a specificity more comparable to drugs clinically effective in major than minor seizures. It appears that CBD enhances the anti-convulsant effects of the former and reduces the effects of the latter types of antiepileptic drugs. Source
In addition to CBD’s use in pain relief, it has the added benefit of relieving pain directly related to arthritis. Many topical creams and lotions are starting to be infused with CBD.
- One report claims that CBD was administered after onset of clinical symptoms, and in both models of arthritis the treatment effectively blocked progression of arthritis. CBD was equally effective when administered i.p. or orally. The dose dependency showed a bell-shaped curve, with an optimal effect at 5 mg/kg per day i.p. or 25 mg/kg per day orally.
Many studies are early, and the research is not fully conclusive on many claims regarding CBD. However, the early results are very promising and have serious implications with them.
If you’re looking for more natural remedies to many common ailments, consider shopping here at the Mustard Seed Online Market.
Here at The Mustard Seed, we believe in promoting only top-quality products that we test ourselves. Our CBD products are pure and made with minimal ingredients. The brands we choose to sell are open and honest about their products and what goes into them. We offer strengths varying from 1 mg to 100 mg. Choose from liquid oils, capsules, sprays, topical creams, and gummies. We strive to provide options for everyone.